A lot of people are not even aware that a simple and apparently harmless problem with the gums can actually result with tooth loss. The dentists are all worried about the so called ‘receding gums’.
You may be familiar with this problem, and it is a dental problem there is a little space between gums and teeth. This appears as a result of the withdrawal of gums and the teeth are left uncovered. These little spaces get full with bacteria and it leads to huge pain as a result of the negative effect of the roots.
Then our teeth become highly sensitive. And there is irreversible damage caused to the supportive tissue and the bone structure by the bacterial infections and then we lose our teeth.
It is quite common for people to develop receding gums, but the bad thing is that people do not treat this problem properly and they neglect it, and the main culprit of this is the slow development of the recession. So you need to examine your teeth for the first signs of this issue. It is best to treat and hinder this problem before it becomes more serious.
Check these following symptoms:
- Teeth that seem to be larger and longer
- Increased sensitivity
But what actually causes the ‘receding gums’? Here are some of the main reasons for it:
- Brushing your teeth too hard does not clean the teeth better and make them brighter. Pushing too hard can actually cause damage to the tooth enamel and this is the main reason for the appearance of receding gums. So try brushing your teeth with gentle movements.
- Genetics can be another reason for the appearance of receding gums. Sadly you cannot prevent this from happening, but it will be helpful to be aware and accept the situation.
- Bacterial infections can lead to periodontal diseases. These types of infections are detrimental to the bone that offers support to the teeth and also damages the gums. This is not harmless problem, and it can be the reason for serious tooth loss.
- Many people put piercing on their lips or tongue. This can also affect you oral health, as the piercing can be the main culprit of erosion of gums as it rubs on them.
- Another reason for this problem are the hormonal changes that interrupt the proper functioning of the body and also leads to gum recession. This condition of the body makes it to be very fragile and sensitive.
- Receding gums can also appear as a result of high tobacco ingestion and it leads to accumulation plaque on the teeth. This is not very unbelievable.
- Another thing that contributes to gum recession is the extra pressure that we put on our teeth by grinding and clenching. So to protect your teeth and prevent many problems you should not do this anymore. You can also develop gum receding by using more force in case your lower and upper teeth do not meet as they should.
- Tartar can also cause gym receding by pushing the gums upwards when it gets between the teeth. So it is very important to brush and flush your teeth properly and on a regular basis.
Once you notice even the smallest space between your gums and teeth, you should visit the dentist. You will get a treatment of tooth scaling, which is actually a process of taking out the plaque and tartar from the spaces between the teeth and cleaning the gums.
There is also a change that you be advised to undergo a gum surgery, if the condition is more serious. In this procedure they will graft the soft tissue. This way they will improve the regeneration of bone and any lost tissue. In some cases they even perform a pocked depth reduction.
But there are natural homemade treatments that you can use if your condition is not very serious. This way you will cure your health condition without the need of medical procedure. These natural remedies are highly efficient if you use them properly.
SESAME AND COCONUT OIL
This is a commonly used treatment for cavities due to its powerful anti-inflammatory properties. You can reduce the accumulation of plaque by eliminating all the toxins in the oral cavity. Sesame oil has the ability to cover the teeth and thus protect them. You just need to heat a little bit the sesame oil and then swish it in your mouth for a few minutes. To obtain the best effect you should do this on a daily basis for 15-20 minutes.
Coconut oil is also as efficient as sesame oil. It offers powerful antibacterial properties.
Green tea is also very efficient in this case because it has powerful healing properties. It can also battle the free radical because of its rich content of antioxidants. This can prevent many diseases. The free radicals are the main reason for the appearance of the periodontal illness, which is the base of receding gums. Catechins – which are powerful antioxidants are also contained in green tea and they can treat periodontal issues. Catechins are also efficient in making the connection of gums and teeth stronger. Green tea can also treat swelling and it offers powerful anti-inflammatory properties. The appearance of inflammation can make the problem even worse, and you certainly do not need that.
Aloe vera is frequently used product for care of the skin. It has the ability to reduce inflammation and also repairs the structure of the cells. It is very efficient in reducing inflammation and that is why it is very helpful for conditions like receding gums. Numerous people utilize aloe vera because of its powerful antibacterial properties.
CLOVE OIL, EUCALYPTUS OIL AND MYRRH
In case of a toothache, people often utilize clove oil for its ability to act as a numbing agent. Halitosis can also be treated with clove oil. You should rub 1—2 drops of this oil on your gums, if you decide to use this remedy. But if you are on medications for blood clotting, you need to consult your doctor first.
Eucalyptus oil is considered as a powerful germicide. It is powerful in eliminating germs and hinders oral illnesses. You should also mix the eucalyptus oil with water before you rub it on the gums.
Using myrrh oil is also very beneficial. First you need to crush it into tiny pieces and mix it with some water and then put it on the affected gums.
Lemon oil is commonly used as antiseptic and antibacterial agent. You can apply it on your gums to promote the reconstruction of gum. It is also efficient in the treatment of halitosis.
Lemon oil is perfect for use in the oral cavity because it offers mild antiseptic and antibacterial properties. It is highly efficient in the process of gum regeneration and the growth of the gums. Because of its refreshing and nice scent it is also very efficient in eliminating bad breath. But do not use too much and too often lemon oil, because it may be harmful for the tooth enamel. It is recommended to apply lemon oil once a week. Do not utilize potent essential oils and prepare a homemade lemon oil to protect the tooth enamel.
RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE LEMON OIL
- 1/2 or 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- 1/4 or 1/2 cup olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a glass jar.
- Close it tightly with a lid and shake.
- Then place the mixture in a dark place in order for it to become an infusion.
- Leave it for several weeks and the remedy is ready.
- You should shake the remedy every day.
- You can apply the homemade remedy after 3-4 weeks.
- Just put some lemon oil on the toothbrush.
- Brush the teeth for a few minutes with gentle movements.
- You should perform this 1-2 times a week. It is not recommended to use it very often because it can lead other health problems.