If you want a stand or a side table for your balcony or veranda and you have some wood shutters that you removed recently and not using you can make this perfect side table with those and with only few things that you will need.
What you’ll need:
- 4 wood shutters, all the same size
- 8 art canvas stretchers
- 16 screws
- 1 piece of glass for table top- cut to fit inside beveled edge of canvas frame
- Stand all four shutters up and form the table shape; The four shutters together will make a square base.
- Grab a friend to hold the shutters in place, then measure the width of one shutter.
- Take that square measurement and purchase 8 art stretchers of the same or slightly larger measurement (stretcher measurement can be slightly larger, it just means the top will extend beyond the sides a bit).
- Piece the stretchers together to form two square shapes; one for the base, and one for the top of the table.
- Standing the shutters up vertically, place the frame on top of the four shutters.
- Drill 2 screws (evenly spaced on each side) through the frame and into the top edge of the shutter to hold firm. Repeat on the other three sides.
- Turn the shutter over, and repeat the previous step.
- Finish the wood stretchers with the same paint or stain as the shutter.
- Have a glass store cut a 1/4-inch piece of glass for the tabletop that will fit inside the canvas stretcher’s beveled edge.
All the courtesies go to www.goodhousekeeping.com/ for the project. For more awesome project visit their website.