Brick fireplace makeover with stained wood.
Just moved in and this above was just not going to work. If you look close it has cracks in it repaired half a**ed. It’s the focal point in the room. We were getting new carpets so, I decided to tackle the FP before they were installed.
I used $2 wood strips and concrete nails. I hammered them in at the mortar joints, then took down the mantle and used a grinder to take off/out some bricks to make room for electrical.
I went to a local landscaping place and picked up pieces of slate. I needed to cut some with a grinder. The hearth I made myself using 2 of the slabs. I needed to do in it stages, but it turned out ok. I used mortar to set them in place.