Coconut oil makes a great healthy alternative to butter or vegetable oil. But its health value doesn’t stop there! This amazing product is great for all kinds of uses – from health to beauty to daily uses. Here are 15 ways coconut oil can make your life easier.
- Thyroid glands: A growing percent of the population has some sort of thyroid issue. Regular consumption of coconut oil improves thyroid gland function. Worry no more!
- Mosquito repellant: If you live in a humid area, you know how terrible mosquito bites are! Instead of buying repellant from the store, make your own using coconut oil. Simply mix several drops of ylang-ylang essential oil with coconut oil and apply to your skin.
- Dental hygiene: We all want that gorgeous smile. Improve your dental hygiene by rinsing your mouth with coconut oil before you brush your teeth. Swish a spoonful in your mouth for about 30 seconds, and your gums and teeth will thank you.
- Digestion: Coconut oil is not only easy to digest, it actually heals your digestive tract. The compounds in coconut oil help to destroy bad bacteria and promote the growth of healthy probiotics. This helps to maximize nutrient absorption, meaning your body will be able to use the nutrients you ate that day.
- Hair care: Starting at the root, rub the coconut oil into your hair and spread it down the length of your hair. Leave the mask on for half and hour to an hour. You may want to wrap your hair up in a towel or shower cap to prevent an oily mess. When you are finished, rinse your hair out with shampoo. Your hair will be rehydrated and vibrant.
- Lip balm: No one likes chapped lips. Rub a small amount of coconut oil onto your lips to rehydrate them and heal cracks.
- Eye cream: Carefully rub coconut oil around your eyes to lessen the effects of wrinkles. As the coconut oil replenishes your skin, you will see your wrinkles gradually decrease.
- Makeup remover: Coconut oil is a healthy way to remove makeup from your skin. Unlike chemicals, the fatty acids lift the makeup from your skin without damaging or drying it. Gently rub the oil into your skin, then remove it with a warm cloth. The oil will rehydrate your skin as it takes the makeup off.
- Non-stick spray: Coconut oil is a great alternative to other plant oils. Coconut oil retains its nutrients when heated. Use a spray can or a spoonful and coat any pan you need.
- Eggs: If you want to keep your eggs in the refrigerator longer, apply some coconut oil to the shells. this will increase their shelf life and prevent bacteria from growing.
- Butter: Coconut oil can take the place of butter in any baking recipe. This will instantly make any recipe a little healthier and give it a slight coconut taste.
- Sports drinks: Don’t grab a sugar filled or processed drink after a workout – use coconut oil instead! Add coconut oil and chia seeds to water and fresh fruit, and enjoy. The fats in coconut oil provide the body with quick energy.
- Kitchen utensils: Grease your blender blades and meat grinders after each use will coconut oil. This will keep them sharp longer and help prevent rust.
- Leather goods: Polish your purses, shoes, gloves, and belts with coconut oil to make them shine. Coconut oil is great when it comes to cleaning leather.
- Removing gum: Getting gum stuck in your hair is the absolute worst! Thanks to coconut oil, this type of tragedy doesn’t mean it’s the end. The oil will help the gum to let go of your hair without damaging or staining it.
Coconut oil has a lot of great uses and amazing health benefits. Grab some next time you’re at the market, and try out these tricks for yourself.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.