If you’re looking something to experiment with your dull hair, you’ll definitely go for this hair dye with hair conditioner and Kool-Aid. The process was fairly easy, simply mixing a packet of grape, fruit punch, strawberry cherry Kool-Aid with some water and conditioner, and the end result is stunning and bright. Just make sure you’re prepared for that, as a non-professional hair stylist, you may not administer the color perfectly evenly, or that the final result may not be as subtle as you’d like, depending on your initial hair color. You can google the see the Kool Aid Dye Color Chart for reference. This is really worth trying, you don’t need expensive hair dyes anymore, and you can change the color again after its fading away in a few weeks. Awesome?!
- 3 Kool-Aid packets (color of your choice)
- White hair conditioner (of your choice)
- 2 mixing bowls
- Aluminum foil
- Cup of hot water
- Heat a cup of water in the microwave or stove, slowly pour the water on Kool-Aid to desolve it.
- Pour the Kool-Aid mixture into a separate bowl with several healthy squirts of conditioner, blend until the mixture formed into a paste. Now your custom-colored hair-dye is ready!
- Part the dry hair into sections and drench each section in the dye.
- Finally, when the chosen section of hair is colored, wait an hour before rinsing with water. Let dry. (The longer you keep the Kool-Aid on your head, the richer the color: 15 minutes provides a subtle tint, while five hours ensures a deeper, more uniform final product.)
Here is the video tutorial: